Monday, January 23, 2012

Water Festival

A few nights ago I attended the Tribe’s celebration of water. It was a gathering to mark and respect the element that provides the fluid life of our world. We walked down the rivers in Ashenvale and then participated in several activities. Some panned the stream for valuables, others received tattoos from the talented Gren’mazi, and others removed their clothing for a swim suit contest.

I did the latter. I did not win the overall but did place second. Apparently, one cannot compete with Pip when she stalks about utterly naked and showing off her stripes. Literally. There are stripes tattooed up her back. It was this event that triggered the unsettling conversation with my beloved, which I recorded a small sample of here. I will not pursue that topic again.

The event concluded with a swimming race, which Gom’jun won and I did not enter in, and blue fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment