Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hunger

I do not require much food. To be truthful, I would likely be perfectly well without eating, but it is something expected and offered by others, and I believe it is a behavior that promotes their comfort and a sense of normalcy. This baffled Westel and Urukha, as they interpreted my lack of appetite as displeasure with what they provided. Pip has learned that I prefer bringing packaged samples home for convenience.

There is a second sort of hunger, though, that I explained to the Regent after an incident involving another Death Knight. A group of us, mostly Tribe but also Zazii and Gom’jun, were sitting in a hall in Silvermoon and debating. We were joined by that Death Knight, Naomi, who I did not know and who did not contribute to the discussion. When we relocated to the woods, she followed. Westel, the only Tuskguard present, did not accompany us, leaving the rest vulnerable.

As we collected food at an Eversong outpost, Naomi approached me. She did not understand how I could interact with so many “mortals” and not succumb to the endless hunger. This condition, simply defined, is if Death Knights do not regularly kill, we suffer debilitating pain. One of the lasting influences of the Lich King.

Naomi had originally been attracted to the group by my presence.When we moved from the city, she thought that I would ambush the others. She intended to support me and attack them. I corrected her assumptions regarding my motives and declared that the group was under my protection.

She submitted to me, but the Regent noticed the tense exchange. No one else did. The next day, I explained to her what occurred, and to what hunger Naomi referred. Westlynn was attentive and polite, asking many questions and maintaining a clinical, rather than sentimental tone. I appreciated this. Others could react poorly to such information. There is no cure for this, so there is little use for emotional cloudiness.

((Sources: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142 "Are blood elf death knights still affected by their racial addiction to magic?"

"The Endless Hunger" http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12848. ))

No comments:

Post a Comment