Saturday, January 21, 2012

Evasion

I encountered the strange knight again in Orgrimmar. He claimed that we had not met, but I recall a pair of meetings at the least, and he did state that he had observed me about the city. He was very evasive regarding his identity and motives.

Inquiring after his name, he gave me a string of titles that were very unhelpful, such as “the Lion,” and “the Coward.” Though he did state that I could call him “Knight.” We bantered repeatedly about both my unwillingness to guess his identity, and his claimed lack of knowledge of the same. If he does not know what he is, then certainly I am not going to assist. He boasted that he had power of Blood, Frost, Illusion, Transmogrification, and Alteration, to name a few. Thus, the crisis of classification.

He also intruded on my privacy twice. Once, by taking my hand and pressing it to his neck to demonstrate that he had a pulse. Then, by speaking directly to my mind when another came to join us.

One interruption was by a dragon-woman. I learned from their conversation that they are both estranged from Bishop Lightwarden, the protector of Tyr’s Hand and of Nemeiah. I approve of this. The second interruption was by another death knight. “Knight” became quiet and surly, as though offended that the other man had encroached on our discussion. He also seemed to dislike Westel when I thanked him for the dinner.

My concern that he will pester Nemeiah at Tyr’s Hand has diminished, and now that Urukha splendidly told him what she thought of his "skulking," he may not bother me again, either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment