Thursday, January 19, 2012

Unlife

I spoke with Nemeiah and demonstrated my rose experiment to her. I took a normal red rose, healthy and vibrant, and froze it unto death. I removed the petals and then set unholy magic to the remains, raising it as a black rose.

Nemeiah’s reaction was stronger than I expected, and she seemed disgusted by the process. I was taken aback, thinking that of anyone, she as a raised holy woman would understand the struggle and need to create some life in death. But she accurately proclaimed it as unlife, not life. It led to an interesting admission that her journey mirrored that of the rose. And her discomfort with my necromantic rose illuminated her own struggle with her existence.

I admit that I do not care for self-reflection, but I did miscalculate here. As I did with the lost raptor egg. It was not my intent to cause self-revulsion, but to create something beautiful from death. Perhaps I should not experiment thus, lest success escalate my ambition.

No comments:

Post a Comment