Thursday, January 12, 2012

Soul Beads

After their lifemating ceremony, Pip gave to me a leather bag full of beads. Pip said that I was required to take good care of them, and that she would explain their significance later. Similar ornaments appear in her hair as well as Urukha’s, and I believe I saw something on Dunerock’s weapons. He was Pip’s second at the ceremony, as I was Urukha’s, so I thought that this was perhaps related to it.

Urukha later expressed that they were soul beads, and Pip qualified this by saying that they were for protection. They are to strengthen my soul, and that my name was contained within. I was quite displeased. I would not have accepted them if I had known their purpose. It implies that my soul requires assistance, and I am extremely opposed to any such manipulation, as Jiik, a warlock, found during one of our more contentious discussions.

Pip and I were tense until Urukha rather forcibly reconciled us - verbally. Pip explained that she had made some sort of deal with the spirits, and that she had not seen any images from my life during her travel through their realm. She went there to retrieve the beads and empower them, I suppose.

I voiced my discontent with this, in addition to the implication that my soul was damaged. Urukha demanded that we settle our discord, and so we did. Pip apologized. I chose to keep the beads because they were a gift, even if they were not desired. I also required assurance that no further investigations would be made.

Tonight, I hope to present their wedding gift. My drake has been thoroughly cautioned to transport it carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment