Friday, January 6, 2012

Preparations

Pip and Urukha are to be lifemated in a few days. Pip claimed to hold no feelings of anxiety, but Uru admitted to a few. One of the traditions involved in the ceremony will be a battle for dominance, wherein they struggle until one cannot continue. This may not be completely violent, but I expect it in some measure. I confess that I still have my own reservations, but at the least, the speech is ready and I will continue to support.

There are my own preparations of a different sort, as well. While Pip and Uru welcome a new life, I will bid farewell to my old one. Putting to rest every association I have with the man that, in so many ways, ruined me. It has been a year, nearly, since I left Viere. And I remember that day exquisitely. There is a delicious irony to when a self-indulgent man is driven to set his own bedroom ablaze in order to defend himself.

But his influence lingers past this, and past his death. D.A. called this sort of thing a funeral. While there is no body to inter, I do intend to formalize his end. Then, perhaps I can prepare for other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment