Monday, January 2, 2012

Family

Urukha offered to bring me into her family when I confessed the disconnect with mine. I was rather startled by the gesture, as it was not a small thing to present. However, I firmly believe that it is far from reasonable and based solely on emotion rather than practicality. Orc clans, from what I understand, are based on strength, honor, pride, and not sentimentality.

The Tribe, and Urukha’s clan by extension, is like a pack of wolves. They are a family, though they are diverse. There is hierarchy, comradery, mutual protection and affection. One must be able to contribute this in turn to be accepted. I am the little black cat that was mauled by dogs, and left unfit to join any society, canine or other. I am flawed deeply, and not designed for this.

I attempted to clarify this to Urukha on one occasion. I believe her response was “F--- design.” This attitude, perhaps, explains her unusual offer to have an abomination join her family.

A brief note - another dizzy spell as I wrote this. In my own bloody house. I am displeased.

No comments:

Post a Comment