Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trust

The Regent invited me for another walkabout and meal. Perhaps I am too suspicious to think that any individual with as healthy an appetite for information as she would avoid the opportunity to interrogate me, but she refrained from doing so.  With her it is a different experience than say, Decie and Leahndri, or Westel at times. The curiosity is there, but the tactics used to express it are much more subtle.

To this end, the issue of trust rose. The Regent expressed that she wanted mine. Not solely as her Title identity but as Westlynn. She cited years of patience with Do’xian as evidence of her persistence. She told me to expect that she would not expose me not matter what I entrusted to her. As a friend.

It is difficult to calculate on this. As I have stated, she is the leader of the wolf pack, and no matter what sort of personal relationship she may wish to invite, she is still the leader of the Tribe. This is a position where one has great power to offer confidence, but duty could compel the opposite. I am not certain if the offer is truly sound.

The odd thing was that opposite this declaration of personal expectations, my attempts to define our formal relations went very much undefined. But, perhaps I can blame the tumult that arose through her talisman for distracting her from this topic. I am a bit disappointed by this.

However, there is now opportunity for me to test that confidence she offered. I will write the results when I know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment