Sunday, January 15, 2012

Update #4

I delivered the apple sapling to Urukha as her and Pip’s lifemating gift. She seemed rather pleased with it, and its younger sibling still resides in my garden. Mayhem, my drake, behaved quite nicely when transporting it. Pip, however, was feeling ill and was not present.

The raptor egg that Anannia gave to me is no more. I kept it warm and did all that I thought was necessary to keep it alive, but the life inside it has faded. I do not know why. It could have been a lack of knowledge on how to care for unborn reptiles, or my presence as I thought. I regret that I did not seek the advice of others and possibly, change this outcome.

The last of the edibles that I sent to Vivvienne via mail was returned to me with postage due. It seems she did not receive it, did not see it, or rejected it. It is a shame. That particular sort of bread is baked in only one place.

D.A. and I formally hired Mirtai to serve in our household. I composed the contract and it is signed. The result, I hope, is that she will feel more secure in her place here and not fear that she will be cast out without recourse. And, that her tasks will eventually include things that will increase her sociability, which Urukha suggested, as needed. Mirtai reacted to the arrangement with more crying, but it was the happy variation.

Also, I have discovered a rather interesting use for red roses. I am hoping to practice the process and thus perfect it. However, I am distinctly lacking in a steady supply of the crimson flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment