Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pip and Urukha's Lifemating

Last night Pip and Urukha underwent the ceremony to bind themselves to each other as mates for life. While it was not the first time that Pip has done this, I believe it was for Urukha, and certainly the first that I had witnessed. It began with a fight for dominance, both of them nude. The blows were violent, and Urukha won by leveraging Pip’s strength and choking the breath out of her.

My purpose was to ensure that Pip did not flee from her obligation. I reminded her of her duty to Urukha now. She claimed that she still loved each of those she had mated with, which I still do not understand. After she recovered, we convened at the river’s heart in Sholazar, where the Regent officiated. They exchanged promises, rings, and then an embrace.

After this we returned to Piki’alo, and with Westel’s advice I presented my speech before we played the Truth or Dare game. I include a copy of it here, although I did not need to read from it.

I believe the custom of a speech of this nature is to present some humorous, inspirational, or moving tale in order to remind the object of the journey they have traveled. That not always do we make the wisest decisions, resulting in amusement or grief.

Some month or more ago, I had a problem. Various valuable items had been pilfered by nefarious sorts, and Urukha did not hesitate to offer her assistance when I asked.

It was a difficult fight. We were restrained by the enemy, and in but a few moments, we would have been defeated. But in a moment of supreme courage, Urukha broke her bonds and saved us both.

Urukha, Pip. Be devoted. Cherish each other. Do not waver, do not hesitate. You are both stronger than the bonds of doubt.

I offer my blessing, and ask the others here to offer theirs, as well. So that you know that you are also cherished. Also upheld. Know that we will support you with all that we have…

Until Ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment