Monday, January 16, 2012

Dinner with Westel

Some days ago Westel invited me to sample some of his cooking, and last night we met on the barge in Bladefist Bay outside of Orgrimmar. We mostly spoke of his daughter Anais, his woman Astoreth (whom he is trying to wed), and their qualities. I was quite amused when he said that Anais, for a time, wished to only eat items that were colored purple. He also mentioned that he is of noble origin, but does not maintain those ties.

He then finally discerned that we spoke far more of him than of me. He pressed me for information, and I mentioned the livestock that are, or were, in my care. The many horses that I now possess, and the greatwolves that I once commanded.

The question also arose as to why I had not yet joined the Tribe. The answers I gave were accurate, that I value my privacy and that my duties could conflict with Tribal interests, but I was not specific. He assured me that I would be quite welcomed. I see the reasoning on both sides here as rather similar to Urukha's offer, and the reservations I possess regarding that.

We discussed the role of a Tuskguard as well as difficulties the Tribe had faced in the past. In particular, an odd menace that had various members of the Tribe seeing things and filling caves with blood. Then suddenly, it vanished and has not troubled them for months. 

And, of course, there were the names. He stubbornly refers to me with endearments and I stubbornly correct them. I rather enjoyed the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment