Monday, March 12, 2012

What Am I to You

The Regent and I had the chance to resume our interrupted conversation at Piki’Alo, the Tribe homeland. She seemed to prefer an active recovery for the arrow wound and had been flying about on her wyvern.  We walked on the protected paths to chat. But the discussion became uncomfortable when the topic of privacy and personal disclosure rose, and our mutually reinforced ambiguity deepened the confusion. And incited our tempers.

Ultimately, I sought from her the assertion that I was not solely utilized as a source of entertainment. As I was used with Decie and Leahndri; they were only interested in gathering social information. And while it is not entirely sensible to compare the Regent to a pair of gossips, they were not the only ones I was thinking of. Viere was authority. So is the Regent. I worried that the self-gratification of one I had replaced with the other.

Compounding this issue is that when two souls that know the game require a sincere admission of motivation, it is more challenging to extract it. It did take a few rounds of verbal fencing for something substantial to emerge.

But I was satisfied. In return for the reassurance of respect, I confessed why I defer to her. Then, the banter resumed as though nothing had happened. She also gave me the first of the Shu’halo story scrolls, which I now read at her behest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment