Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Visit to the Vanguard

I traveled to the Argent Vanguard in Northren to visit Nemeiah. She had stated that it would not offend anyone if I did, and during our exchange of letters it was plain that we each had things we wished to report to the other. There has been some difficulty there during the Bishop’s crusade. But thus far, Nem has not been called to the Necropolis to battle.

To be truthful, I was very glad to sit with her and chat. As when Tyr’s Hand was under quarantine, I disliked being restrained from seeing her whenever I wish.  It is a bit selfish, perhaps, but her company is unique and calming.

We were interrupted once by one of the Bishop’s men, Archer. He seems to delight in abrasiveness for the sake of irritating his company. But I was a guest, and Nemeiah was too polite to shoo him off. He and another asked if I would join the venture into the Necropolis later in the evening, and I declined. Nem was the sole reason I returned to Northrend. He eventually decided to leave of his own accord; I believe because we were not entertaining enough in our silence.

When we were left alone, I told her of one of the more recent dizzy spells, or “visions” as she calls them. It was one of the fire ones, where I was trapped within a burning building, and experiencing all of the unpleasantness associated with that. But, she observed that I carry no legacy of burns, so this could not have been a “death memory.” I agreed, because I remember the sort of wounds that were present when I was raised.

She also thanked me again for providing Nunuru with care and company during her absence. I may write more of him at another time. And while not everything there is comfortable and clear, she seems to be safe and there are some things there at the Vanguard she enjoys. She does not seem to regret the mission despite the challenge and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment