Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Timeline

Journal, this is a rough account of the events leading to this point, according to my understanding. I record it here to settle my thoughts and focus on the trial ahead.

Some decades ago, the Lady of this manor was ill. Her husband, the Lord, consulted with the enemy in order to cure her. She was saved, but when the Lord could not make payment, the enemy killed everyone on the manor, and trapped three souls here. The Lady, the daughter, Mira, and the Goodman Nathan. I suspect that Nathan's haunting was not deliberately forced, but the result of trauma.

Over a year ago, I left Viere. He sought new and more dangerous summoning methods.

D.A. and I left Felwood and moved to the remnants of the manor. We may have been drawn here.

Viere grew desperate and summoned a powerful demon, the same one the Lord bargained with. It killed him. It stripped Mirtai of her form and abilities and placed her within the body of the daughter, Mira.

Mirtai sought me out. I agreed to protect her and eventually brought her into this house. It is likely she was also drawn unknowingly to this place, because Mira’s soul was here and the body sought reunification.

Odd happenings began in the barn, and then recently, the ghost of Goodman Nathan appeared. He was hostile at first, not realizing that he and the rest that resided here had died. He mistook Mirtai for Mira. The Lady, now a twisted shadow-spectre, appeared and threatened us all. She was trapped and believed she could only be freed by killing Mirtai or stealing Mira’s spirit.

We uncovered Mira’s soul held within the black phial. Mirtai opened it and Mira was restored to her body. The shadow-spectre attacked and was trapped within the phial. Mira and Nathan agreed that they do not belong in this time or realm, and wish to pass over together.

D.A. began the spell to let them cross, and the enemy interrupted. It struck down D.A., and Mirtai/Mira fell into an unnatural sleep. Nathan was restored to a mortal frame, and is no longer a ghost.

The three of us, D.A., Nathan and I convened and resolved to defend ourselves, and destroy the enemy. Then, Mirtai woke. She seemed to be the one in control of the body, with no direct sign of Mira. Nathan, distraught, fled for a time but returned. He is determined, as I am now, to punish the enemy.

The planning continues. Scanning over these events, it does seem as though chess pieces were being moved without my notice. I worry that I am still blind to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment