Friday, March 2, 2012

Certain Goal

Yesterday, D.A., the Goodman Nathan and I convened to discuss the situation. I suggested the meeting because, though my beloved and I have shared our information, Nathan did not know all of the circumstances and this could have inhibited his willingness to assist.

We told him that his Lord had doomed his household when he entered into the deal with the enemy. Nathan accepted this unhappily, but readily. He did not seem surprised by his Lord's disastrous bargaining. He also did not argue when D.A. explained how Mirtai and Mira share an appearance. The enemy trapped Mira’s soul here in the phial and placed Mirtai within her body when he destroyed Mirtai’s true form. This was why I used Mirtai to seek out the place where Mira’s soul was confined. I calculated that it would wish to become whole and move directly there.

What was the enemy’s purpose in this complex design? I do not know. That is one thing we must discover.

But Mira’s body, in this perpetual sleep, will not live forever. I entreated the others to join in my resolve to destroy the enemy. There was some hesitation, knowing that the path to this goal is unclear. D.A., however, focused me toward protecting this place and all that are within. Which I am usually rather good at. And Nathan seemed eager to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment