Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wanted

This is not to be wanted in the carnal sense, but for the general purpose one seeks out another. This can be for conversation, entertainment, revenge, hatred, or companionship, as a few examples. While much of the time the need matches the properties of the target, on occasion it does not.

Urukha once chided me, saying that D.A. wanted a partner, not a protector. This was difficult to understand, as my role began with the latter and changed (rather quickly). And, of course, Urukha was right. D.A. has corrected my tendencies on more than one occasion now, the last being much more abrupt.

Around others there is also disconnect between what they expect and what I am prepared to offer. Some think that an introduction alone is equivalent to friendship, as the girl Kuvasei assumed. I expect that I will have more to write on her later. Val’tirus, one of the Tribe initiates, has an interest in me as an object for research on death knights. And there is a spirit hunt that Pip prepares for. The hunt is intended to encourage Tribal cohesion. I am not of the Tribe, but have been invited, and think that this may be counter to the meaning of it.

With the Regent, though, there is confusion. She refused to apply a role to me, so I am left to flounder about and hope that I behave appropriately. Yet what she seems to require changes. I do not know what she wants of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment