Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Prescribed Happiness

The purpose of the enemy’s attack on my beloved seems to have been to neutralize the passing-over spell for Mira and Nathan, and to inflict torment. Fighting against his power in nightmare and the difficulty after qualify as suffering. That time I sat alone and waited for my darling to wake also qualified.

Wards, incantations, occult techniques, and physical guard protect this house. But in the defense of minds, emotions are weapons. The enemy desires pain. We desire contentment. I draw on my beloved’s suggestion, when I asked how to take revenge on a dead man. The one who had caused me so much pain. The blade of choice: happiness, to spite the anger, the fear and the hurt.

So I make every effort to that end. Do the small and great things that raise spirits, all in order to defy a demon.

I wonder what Viere would have said to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment