Saturday, March 3, 2012

Greetings

It is polite to offer a greeting when approaching another, whether they are friend or stranger. However, I have noticed a distinct lack of this gesture from those that would seem to know better. Particularly, other sociable Elves.

There was a snobbish woman that commended my armaments in Orgrimmar. When I politely complimented her on her robe, she entered into a treatise on how my armor was unsatisfactory in appearance. I entered the role of the knight with sub-standard intelligence and sense of fashion, because that is clearly what she expected.

A few days later, an arrogant paladin strode forward and offered commentary on the place where I sometimes stand and think. Between the tree and boxes, there is a little shaded spot that is cool and pleasant. Apparently, standing there signifies that I am lonely or derelict, and I must therefore be pestered.

Neither of these individuals even offered a "hello" before beginning their sermons. It is disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment