Monday, March 5, 2012

Fun

Yesterday the Darkmoon Faire opened its island to visitors again, and Urukha and I traveled there so that I might acquire the edibles available only during this time. She had been to the Faire once before with a large group of Tribe. I have visited with D.A., taking advantage of the open atmosphere.

After securing the baked goods, I confessed to Urukha that I was not permitted to play the cannon game. My beloved forbade it during our date due to the danger. I have raised the topic later in a joking fashion, and am consistently rebuffed in good humor. Urukha, however, after trying the cannon (and withstanding damage by falling short of the target), insisted that I play.

I refused. I told her that I would not, unless she deposited me down into the barrel and fired the device against my will. Urukha took this as an invitation and did precisely that. I landed in the water some hundreds of meters away, and she met me on the docks with an insufferable expression of triumph.

It was fun, I admitted. Though I implored her to not tarnish my reputation with the others, particularly Westel, by reporting that I succumbed to it. Death knights are designed to spread war and suffering, not to enjoy games. But for a few moments, when the ache in my body dulled, and unbidden grin conquered my face, everything seemed lighter.

Oh, and I rode a pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment