Saturday, March 31, 2012

Uncertain Path

With Mirtai recovering, I queried her for information on the enemy. It was as gentle a questioning as I could manage; Urukha has suggested that I try to be less intimidating to her. Mirtai’s unnatural origins may not have shielded her from the demon’s torment, but she is still the one with the most direct knowledge on the subject. Not simply for her time within the nightmares, but for what she is. Or was. A demoness herself.

She offered helpful insight into the enemy’s likely whereabouts, and the abilities that we have not seen fully displayed. She also spoke more of how Viere was destroyed. This topic was uncomfortable for both of us. I have mentioned before how Viere was unliving, and sought to restore as many senses and pleasurable vestments of his stolen mortality as he could. This desire, Mirtai said, he received fully. And then he was killed.

I am still concerned that there are more machinations in place than can be seen, but the enemy is not invulnerable. The task now is to plan the assault with as much possibility of succeeding as can be calculated.

To do this, I may need to seek assistance from the sort of person that I habitually and rightfully distrust. A warlock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment