Saturday, March 24, 2012

Val'tirus Sunderflame

He is an Elven man with long, dark red hair, and is one of the current initiates of the Tribe. By his lengthy, thoughtful pauses in conversation as well as being one of the few to demonstrate politeness (however awkwardly applied at times), I surmise that he is a scholar of some noble descent.

The curious thing regarding Lord Sunderflame is his fascination with death knights. Initially, this interest was interpreted by some, including myself, to be of amorous origins. Aevelina even approached me on one occasion to state that Val’tirus would likely speak to me regarding relations. When he did not, I initiated the conversation and he claimed that his interest was intellectual and platonic.

Both Urukha and the Regent do not believe that assertion.

Last night I agreed to sit and answer his questions regarding my kind. Though I declined to have any senses physically tested, such as sight, smell and hearing. He respected this. His inquiries pertained to my viewpoints, health, and abilities as a death knight. I found the questions oddly vague, as though part of the test was how I would interpret each. He asked me to not share his analysis, and frankly I could not because he did not say much regarding it at all. Aside from death knights being “misunderstood.” I found this view ironic because Sunderflame is a warlock.

Thinking on the conversation and his remarks, I begin to grow wary that his fascination is more than simple research. I calculate that my part in this is minor, though, and that the real focus is on something from his past.

No comments:

Post a Comment