Thursday, December 8, 2011

Humor

I do not understand it sometimes. While I strive to be eloquent and cogent in all interactions, it seems that I still do not always recognize when someone is not perfectly serious in their statements. The two that are most difficult to apprehend are the Regent, and my D.A.

The former chided me for being a poor sentinel when she suddenly appeared behind the tree in Orgrimmar. I had not been alert, and the criticism was valid. However, Urukha later assured me that she was teasing. But the Regent did it again yesterday when we chatted. She said that the extremes of weather: hot and cold, affect her personality, and out of concern for moderation (it is bloody hot in Orgrimmar, after all) I offered one of my icy talents. She represented this as an offer for affectionate contact. I was instantly appalled. She, however, was amused. Then I discerned that it was a misunderstanding. It was only a joke, and I felt ashamed for not knowing it.

D.A. excels at speaking with great sarcasm and sincerity at once. In my eagerness to please, I often believe the words to be true. Fortunately, my lack of comprehension does not lead to discouragement. They are extremely accommodating and patient.

By contrast, I told a priest last night that death knights do not possess a sense of humor, and he replied that I do a poor job of not having it. Perhaps he said this because I threatened to throw books at his head. That was not entirely a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment