Monday, December 5, 2011

Gnoll Business

I wrote to Urukha and requested her help with the gnoll infestation in Tirisfal. She agreed readily, to my surprise, and we ventured to the windmills.

We entered the caves through Mirtai's window at the lowest level of the catacombs, where I had not set foot in nearly a year. Urukha discovered one of the protective rune traps still active there. She was not heavily injured, fortunately, and I was able to disarm another. I apologized, and she said that it was not my fault. But she did not know that it was I that placed them so long ago.

We continued into the caves, and the gnolls were unusually robust. My blows were not properly aimed, perhaps because of my uneasiness. Urukha killed one of them, and the other fled. We followed into the chieftain’s chamber. He was a very large, armored gnoll, and unnaturally powerful. While our initial strikes were true, we were quickly disabled and immobilized. I by the chieftain’s grip, and Urukha by being knocked down and held. We resisted, but both of us received damage.

When my ribs cracked beneath the chieftain's grasp, Urukha broke free. She leapt up and smashed into the chieftain’s body. Her fists ended his life. I have not seen her so furious, and potent. The other gnolls fled when their leader died.

I did not find any of the lost lanterns or other baubles from the carriage there, but I did find many of Viere’s potions. The gnolls had stolen them and used them to augment their strength and size. I destroyed all that was there.

More I will write later. For now, I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment