Friday, December 9, 2011

First Date

Last night D.A. and I went on a date. A date, as I understand it, is a social activity wherein two individuals with romantic or friendly ties go to an external location and participate in an event, or share a meal. This could rightly be called our first, or at least the first outing that was recognized and acknowledged as such.

We went to the Darkmoon Faire, enjoying the eerie beauty of the island and the offerings of the carnival. I enjoyed the hammer game immensely. And D.A. was unexpectedly talented in the shooting gallery. I am not certain where this skill was acquired, as I have never seen them wield a weapon greater than a staff or pen before. Unfortunately, D.A. forbade me from trying the game of being shot from a cannon.

The food there we indulged in, and we saw the animals. Although I wanted to ride one of the ponies, the music show was beginning, and we hurried to attend. We danced together. It has been so very long since I danced. I did not want to, but it was surprisingly pleasant. We then departed the Faire with a flower from the souvenir shop. I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment