Friday, December 16, 2011

Update #3

Two nights ago I attended the naming ceremony of Vivvienne’s new little one. A few of the Tribe were in attendance, but not they were not at their full strength of numbers. She named the child Trysten Camden Burningtusk, and the others pledged to protect him. I did not know that this was part of the ceremony, and so I did not join in that promise until I took a few moments to think on it.

Anannia delivered her child, and promptly named the girl Sandstorm Victoria Dawnheart. She treated the event with far less ceremony and gravity. Last night she introduced the new arrival at the Tribe’s weekly meeting. Vindy, who was serving drinks at the tavern afterwards as well as socializing, unfortunately handed Sandstorm to me while she performed her job. It was very distressing. I gave her back as quickly as possible.

I finish applying the security to the carriage in the next day or so. It has been challenging to modify my wards to a vehicle with moving and changeable parts, and my concentration has been disrupted several times by dizzy spells. I am hopeful that these will fade once the carriage is removed from that place.

Finally, I am a bit concerned for Mirtai. While she has not complained of her treatment and she is well protected, she is still withdrawn and quiet. Her bed is empty, and that is not something she is accustomed to. My calculation is that she is lonely, after losing Viere. I am attempting to determine a suitable Winter’s Veil gift for her. It is unfortunately difficult to find, package and deliver a respectful man to her, or this is what I might have done. But I do not think that is possible.

Another note: Five days remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment