Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Being Invisible

While my social activities of the last months have increased my influence within Orgrimmar, there are still some individuals who do not seem to see me at all. There is no quarrel I have with this, as I often prefer to not be at the center of attention.

I have given thought to why some are invisible, and others obvious. The most conspicuous occupy some sort of extreme. They are the most outrageous flirts, or draw their weapon at the smallest provocation. They confess their troubles to all, whether or not all wish to hear. They are the most grotesque, or the most beautiful. Or they think they are.

I am a private individual. My appearance is fair, but concealed. I occupy that middle ground in the minds of others, between stranger and friend, masculine and feminine, soldier and civilian. Turn one’s perspective but a little and I vanish from view. Turn it again, and you only see one side.

This also happens when conversing with those of my acquaintance, and a few friends. When something that inspires their interest happens along, their attention diverts. That does not mean that they are shallow (although that is sometimes the case), but that there are other things more important to them at that moment. 


And, noting the date for myself: Only two weeks left now.

No comments:

Post a Comment