Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wildlife

Maag alerted me to intruders on the property yesterday morning. Their prints were all about the apple sapling, and many of its leaves had been stripped off.  I followed the tracks as best I was able, but the culprits had already disappeared into the forest.

Apparently the humans did not eradicate all of the small deer that inhabit this area. With the weather turning cold and their normal sources of edibles dying from frost, they seem to have discovered the delicate seedlings in my care. Yes, I did procure a second one. But the number will not matter if the deer eat them all.

Then in the evening, Miss Hackwrench met with me in Orgrimmar in the evening to explain why some of the pieces of the carriage had gone missing. She set out the pieces to dry after a fresh coat of paint was applied, and then the gnolls that infest the area stole them.

She endeavored to retrieve the baubles with her color-changing raptor, Prism, and as any good goblin would, with explosives. However, even with fire and claw, only a handful of items were successfully recovered. The rest disappeared within the gnoll ranks. They were likely traded about and brought deeper into the caves that they invaded.

While Miss Hackwrench relayed this news to me, she may have detected how irritated I was. For years this area was controlled by Viere, and his pets kept it safe. The gnolls did not dare encroach. But with the abandonment of his lands, there was nothing to keep them away.

I will see about rectifying this very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment