Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Regent

Two days ago I was pulled aside by the Regent of the Burning Tusk Tribe. We walked through Orgrimmar to the gate at the Valley of Wisdom and chatted. It was not all idle banter, however.

Westly is the regent, or acting leader of the Tribe. She coordinates many of the events and always displays an interest in the affairs of her subjects. She has the capacity to observe many details that others overlook.

She explained that she was concerned for her Tribe and monitored who they acquaint with, and who they trust. This was why she mentioned ‘getting to know’ me a bit better.

That I went back and retrieved Whiteclaw when he was separated from the group during the boar hunt was also mentioned. It was natural of me to do so, but she seemed to think it worthy of ‘accolades.’

I must tread carefully. She is the alpha of the wolf pack, and I but the little black cat that sits at the entrance. Whiteclaw told me that I was over-reacting.

No comments:

Post a Comment