Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Allegiance

When I last visited Nemeiah at the abbey in Tyr’s Hand, she was conversing with a human man. A few days before, when I went to borrow a book for the carriage project, Bishop Lightwarden, Nem’s superior, was sitting and chatting with a dwarf. From the dwarf’s robes, I recognized him as a frequent opponent in Tol Barad.

I am a servant of the Horde and am compensated each day for my efforts in the field. When I hunt, I target prey in Alliance-held territory. That the abbey is treated as neutral ground, and that those I consider good acquaintances are freely fraternizing makes me uncomfortable. My calculation is that all of these Light-flingers may be seeking each other’s company after the betrayal of the leader of the church of Stormwind.

Particularly perilous is this situation when I may face those same visitors in battle.They fight for the Alliance, so they are not neutral. The Horde is my aegis; I am tolerated and permitted to move about the cities without objection. My abilities are recognized and rewarded, and for this reason I am loyal. This allegiance mirrors on a smaller scale with the Tribe, and the Regent specifically. I do not wish to be seen as tolerant of the enemy.

Perhaps I should no longer venture to Tyr’s Hand, unless to utilize the library. It would be impolite to destroy the other guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment