Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Be Careful

This I am told every day. When I depart in the morning, and often when I am simply moving about the property. When the tree fell and shattered the windows on one side of the house, D.A. may have said it three or four times as I cleared the fiendish foliage. There was broken glass present and the storm raged still, so it may have been a valid warning. It is said countless other times when I leave to hunt or conduct business.

It was even said by Urukha in farewell when I left Orgrimmar to return home last night. Nemeiah said it when I was climbing up on the bookshelves in the abbey to retrieve books for her. One knows more of the fights I face, and the other is too caring to ignore the possibility of danger.

But I am not disposed to be reckless, much of the time at least. There is too much to lose by unnecessarily exposing oneself to risk. In the past, I was much more prone to endanger myself deliberately, but there was less to lose then.

I am not certain why it is said so often now. Or perhaps I am not yet accustomed to the idea that there are individuals that may notice whether or not I am damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment