Monday, December 12, 2011

Seeking

I am a seeker. I enjoy spending my energy going to various places, distant, complex, or dangerous, in order to acquire items of interest.  It was what I often did for Viere, and I find it fulfilling. What I seek may be books, trinkets, relics, or more recently, food.

For the last few months I searched for rare edibles and sent some of them to Vivvienne, in addition to bringing them home with me. Since her husband abandoned all responsibility for her, I felt compelled to provide some small measure of support. Periodically I sent Vivvienne these exotic foods along with a brief note. On occasion, she wrote back, and she said that she appreciated the gestures.

She gave birth the evening before yesterday. Fortunately, I was far from the event. From what I understand everything progressed smoothly. Now, while I am relieved that the child has come, the mother will no longer require my gifts. This disheartened me.

I wanted to continue this activity. When I spoke with Vindy and Branam in Orgrimmar yesterday, I asked if I could do the same for her. Both of them agreed. She is hardly a month into her pregnancy, but no one knows how long that it will require. I am pleased to continue this practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment