Saturday, December 3, 2011

Relieved

Urukha and Pip are postponing their lifemating. Uru and I spoke for some time regarding this, and I was able to express my thoughts to her. Some time ago, when I took an opportunity with Vivvienne to discuss her situation, Talil’s neglect was so obvious and complete that there was little doubt what the proper course would be. That is not the case here.

If balance is found, they may still be mates for life. I am glad that we spoke before it occurred, though. And I am no longer pressed to compose a speech within the week.

Pip also asked if I would utilize the carriage in order to live on Tribe lands. I am not certain, but she may have imagined the carriage sitting out in their valley, acting much as one of their huts. Only I would be free to leave at any time I wished, like a nomad. But I apply the same principle to this as to the Regent’s offer. And that is not the purpose of this project.

As a note to myself - I must speak with Miss Hackwrench about why all of the lanterns and other decorative baubles associated with the carriage went missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment