Monday, May 21, 2012

Whisper and Ruin


"May your enemies flee from you my love, and may your feet be swift in their pursuit."

When searching for the texts ultimately retrieved from sunken ruins in Azshara, I also discovered a set of weapons. These I did not mention before because they were only objects that required a great deal of cleaning. But once Nathan restored them my beloved took interest in the runes etched on the blades.

One is a sword and the other a dagger. They are a pair and quite fascinating in design. After a great deal of study D.A. declared that these were the discarded weapons of a demon hunter. The dagger, named Whisper, my beloved keeps. The sword, presented to me in formal fashion with invocation and a kiss to my head, is Ruin. Their names are delightfully appropriate for our respective talents. Yet I sustain no pretense of actually being a hunter; a weapon does not make the entire warrior.

But there is one more item to be obtained before facing the enemy. When the image was shown to me I could not refrain from shuddering. It is designed to banish a demon from the corporeal realm and if used improperly, it could do the same to me. I do not relish the thought of using it. If it does destroy the enemy however it will be well worth the discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment