Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Restraint


I have managed to annoy myself. There were Alliance in Orgrimmar and I did not kill them. They had taken up a place by a pond that was out of sight of the guards and were fishing. A worgen and a human in leathers. Worgens I do not generally interact with unless in a declared battle. Humans stink of filth, but the wolf-people of Gilneas reek of taints and curses.

When I approached I spied an insignia on the worgen for the group that co-occupies Tyr’s Hand with the Bishop’s team. Nemeiah had mentioned that several of them she was becoming familiar with and I wondered if this was one of those. Because of the uncertainty, I did not attack. But when I drew closer they spotted me.

I waited for them to defend themselves with violence, but they waved in friendly fashion, then continued to fish and chat quietly in Common. When I displayed a tense posture the worgen set out a piece of chocolate cake as though it was a bribe to not hurt them. I accepted it and let them be.

In retrospect I regret not attacking them as a Horde soldier should have. When I fought Violet-Eyes in Gilneas it was because I had entered her territory and she was protecting her home. These two clearly violated the Horde’s territory and I should have acted in accordance with my duty. But if one of them was a friend of Nem’s then I would have felt remorse for causing her trouble. Unfortunately it is impossible to know for certain whether restraint was the proper behavior or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment