Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ineffective


After no communication from Nemeiah regarding her state or the situation at Tyr’s Hand, my patience expired and I ventured there myself. A few days earlier I had spoken to Kruega and encouraged him to poke about and visit to see if Nem was well. My scheme formed because Nem had not discouraged him directly as she had me. Fortunately, I do not think he had yet gone.

I was dismayed by what I found. The gates were splintered and broken and Nem had barricaded herself in her room at the abbey. I did not go inside for worry that they may try to trap me there as well, but tapped on her window to gain her attention.

We spoke through the painted glass. Nem told me that she had been attacked and when I inquired, mentioned that guards had been given to watch her. It was extremely dissatisfying. I thought of the Bishop: the man who is supposed to protect her and his inability or incompetence in doing so. But I held my anger for a few more moments to ask if there was any way to help. She was frightened but told me only to take care of myself. So the true answer was that I could do nothing.

When I departed I loosed my temper and hunted Scourge all about the area until I could find no more. Though I doubt that it truly dampened the threat to Nem but destroying them did calm my rage. Then, I returned to Orgrimmar and demanded to speak to Kruega. Pip called him via their tribal talisman and with Urukha near I told him to stay away from Tyr’s Hand. He seemed out of sorts but acknowledged the message.

Urukha was not appeased. In her position now she must know of the dangers that face her Tribe brothers and sisters and I did not offer details at first. We met yesterday in the Regent’s study and I told her what occured. And I advised that she not muster any energy to involve herself or the Tribe (particularly during the Regent’s absence). But she was difficult and stubborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment