Monday, May 14, 2012

Awkward


Nathan and Mirtai are acting strangely. They hardly look at each other, and avoid conversation. He also avoids entering the house now unless I or D.A. specifically request it. I am able to determine when the change began, but do not understand what happened.

When my beloved and I were absent from the manor to tour the ruins of Medivh’s castle, Nathan and Mirtai were left without supervision. Upon our return, I discovered Nathan’s hat in Mirtai’s room on her nightstand. The explanation mustered from both was that they had only talked.

Her demeanor has always been submissive but the uncertainty and discomfort Mirtai displayed concerned me. I felt obligated to determine (in private) whether he had acted unseemly or harmed her. She assured me that they had not quarreled. Also, she claimed that he had entered the room at her invitation and behaved chivalrously. But stopped her description there. She then asked that I not say anything to him. To be truthful I am quite suspicious because Mirtai has never called anyone "chivalrous."

While I expressed that her business is her own, I reminded my former rival that if Nathan did behave badly I would pummel him. For now, she did not think this necessary. It does seem as though something more than the “talking” they both claim happened, happened. But this does not seem normal behavior.

However they will not have opportunity to resolve things alone for some time. After I offered another date to the Faire, D.A. gently refocused my attention on current needs. I do not think it likely we will venture out together again until after the enemy is defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment