Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Breaking Through


I told Nemeiah about Viere. Not in any great detail of course, but she is preparing to say goodbye to someone who occupied a similarly conflicting role in her existence. When I began to describe the end of things with him, she said that my life was private and that she should not pry. My reaction was a powerful compulsion to reveal more.

The reason I think is because her experience carries commonality. And I have not met anyone else (aside from Mirtai) who comes quite as close to comprehension. Even my beloved cannot know beyond what I express, and that may be more in substance and emotion, but less in understanding. This is not a fault though; it is due to lack of direct exposure to a situation like this as Nem and I have.

When Nem decides where and how to conduct the ceremony I will attempt to accompany her as requested. What I hesitate to advise her on is that while my farewell to Viere was necessary and potent it did not end the struggle. But her capacity to forgive is greater.

Unfortunately, another attack outside of Tyr’s Hand has set these plans away for now. Nemeiah was damaged when attempting to retrieve the only survivor and bids me to avoid the area. So once more we rely on letters to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment