Friday, May 25, 2012

Folly


I ventured to Shadowmoon Valley in pursuit of the last item needed to defeat the enemy. The translated name of the item is a Soul Anchor. According to my beloved’s research it is hidden somewhere in what is now called the Black Temple; the former stronghold of the first demon hunter, Illidan Stormrage.

It is also a place that Nemeiah has expressed an interest in seeing. It was once the Temple of Karabor and a bastion of the Light long ago. So I gathered up the goblin photocamera as an additional weapon. Only a few images could I take however due to the dimness of the region and the many unsavory sorts that patrolled. Mayhem also did not appreciate my maneuvering and then holding him still in order to utilize the mechanism when there were hostile fliers in the sky.

I discovered the folly of the endeavor soon after landing. There was a place on the northern wing identified from books and maps that appeared most promising. But I was discovered and then attacked by the fanatical denizens. Retreat was the superior option then and I received damage.

Failure is not pleasant, and it is even less so when I fail my beloved. But when I knelt I received kind words and reassurance, as well as care for my wounds. Somehow this will be accomplished, “together,” as my darling claimed. I did not realize precisely what was meant then but now calculate that D.A. plans to accompany me on a return venture. There is no argument that I could muster now in opposition. It must be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment