Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Consistency


With the Regent attending to family affairs Urukha has been given the charge of leading the Tribe. I first verified with her that she had received communication from the Regent prior and knew more of the circumstances than were expressed openly.

With any imposed responsibility there is a tendency toward doubt. We spoke in brief regarding the situation and I gave as much encouragement as seemed appropriate. Both of us acknowledged that there were traits desirable to a leader that were not readily available in others and that the goal is actually quite simple. Keep everything stable. Though this may not be as simple in practice given the disruptive tendencies of some Tribe members – due to lacking the aforementioned traits.

I told her of Mirtai and how my former rival craves constancy. Even now when there are things to fear she functions with the certainty of her specific place under my aegis. But I refuse to have her call me anything other than Annjia. Out of the same desire for consistency. I believe she does stop herself from referring to me as “my lady” at times however. It is odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment