Tuesday, April 24, 2012

To the Front


Nemeiah wrote to tell me that she will participate in the next assault on the Necropolis. Though I have long been expecting her to go, I still did not greet the news with enthusiasm. Nor did she seem eager for the prospect of entering the place that so many have left again wounded, but she feels it is her duty.

I have not recorded the specific series of events leading to this point by her request, and only mention it now because of my dislike for the situation. Even Roeth is reported to be disenchanted with the venture. But as always I assured Nem that her safety was the chief concern and that I would be waiting when she returned. She believes that finally, if this last attack is successful she may return to Tyr’s Hand. I will be extremely pleased if that is the result.

This will occur tonight. So there is time for a last visit and chance for encouragement should energy permit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment