Monday, April 30, 2012

Acherus


For the most recent outing with the Regent, I attempted something a bit different. Instead of traveling to a scenic outdoors location, we went to Acherus: the Ebon Hold. This is the headquarters of the Ebon Blade, a floating necropolis above the Plaguelands, and visitors are not welcome. Going there was a fleeting fancy in my mind that escaped as words. Yet the Regent was so fascinated and excited at the thought that I resolved to accomplish it.

I obtained a disguise for her and she completed the transformation with her own cosmetic resources. The result was that she appeared as a knight nearly alive, if pale in coloring and quiet in voice. I expected her to control her whimsy with some difficulty, and she did for the most part.

There was the chance that she would be discovered when we were halted by a pair of death knights, who referred to each other as “brother” but one was troll and the other orc. The troll, Arkk’takal, was one of the most exuberant knights I have ever encountered. The orc, Umarg, was more reasonably restrained. The Regent was quite entertained with them until I encouraged us to move on.

Certainly if the Tribe knew that she had traveled there, even in my protective company, there may have been some opposition. I did tell the Regent that if she was she uncovered she would be fed to the ghouls. She confessed some anxiety due to this. But the danger was actually less than I expressed and so afterwards I assured her that I would have intervened to prevent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment