Monday, April 16, 2012

Light Sick

I had intended to write of this at the completion of the project, but events prompt me to record things first. Yesterday I went into the Cathedral of Stormwind, and discovered how grossly I had miscalculated the Light’s saturation there.

The pain and nausea from dense Holy energies nearly incapacitated me, and I fled the city. I found a place to hide and was ill. In that moment of weakness, I utilized the talisman to contact the Regent. All I wished was for a voice to keep conscious to, but she tricked me into moving from the hiding place to Stonard under the invitation of “tea.” Several Tuskguard accompanied.

Of those present, Westel and Pip were the most honest regarding their intentions. Blanche Wood, the Tribe’s Forsaken priestess maintained the guise, but she at the least understood what had happened without my explaining it. Urukha was dismayed that I did not drink the tea offered (I could not have without losing it shortly thereafter I think, which would have been far more offensive). And the Regent was quiet.

I pushed them away. Feeling foolish and sick was reason enough to. Their affection and the risk taken to try and find me despite my error I could not comprehend. But I do regret being cross with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment