Friday, April 6, 2012

Made

In a letter to Val’tirus, the warlock that asked numerous questions about death knights, I reminded him that one common trait among my kind is a hatred for our creator. The Lich King stole lives and power already claimed by death for his own ambition. My reason for telling Sunderflame this was to entreat him to consider the consequences of similar aspirations.

But when Nemeiah told me of how she was raised, I was forced to recalculate. The experience shared by all of us is this: someone takes our life – not to protect their family or to exact revenge on an opponent – to make a life that is different and twisted. Often it is a form or condition less favorable than what existed before, or at the extreme is an abomination.

Nem’s story gave me hope that I over-simplified my conclusion. She remains a gentle spirit, lacking the hatred that I described to Val’tirus. Though I think that this is a rare exception. 


---- Or it may be why we are raised that accounts for the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment