Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pictures for Nemeiah


The project for Nemeiah is complete. What remains is to present the results to her at the Vanguard. It involved borrowing a goblin photocamera from the Regent (which she was kind enough to demonstrate how to use), and then flying about the world and hunting for images that I thought Nemeiah would enjoy. Or that would raise her spirits during her duty in Icecrown.

They are contained in a rather fine leather-bound album, though it is far from full. I wished to account for the hunt before relinquishing the images.



Nunuru was the first thing that I attempted to record. He seemed to detect my desire for him to remain still and leapt about in disruptive fashion until I fed him. 


Then I captured images of Tyr’s Hand abbey, where she usually resides.


And the cathedral of Tyr’s Hand as well. This was once a Scarlet enclave, which accounts for the architecture and coloring.


Next I traveled to the ruined kingdom of Gilneas because while Nem has not seen it, we discuss it. The lighthouse there is truly a remarkable sight. But the rain and my mechanical disinclination ruined several pictures.


The cathedral in the center of town is as well, in part for a design that contrasts so with other churches about the world. When I traveled here, there were many Alliance within and I was forced to withdraw.


The next target I expected to be the most difficult, and it was. First I skirted the harbor of Stormwind to capture the lighthouse there. Fortunately it was a clear day.


Then into the city. I will not go into great detail, but sneaking in presented a challenge. I entered the courtyard of the great cathedral there. Normally I would not have attempted this, except that Nem has also expressed her desire to see the heart of the Church on Azeroth.


Imagine my relief, journal, regarding the image captured within the cathedral. I had worried that my distressed state would have ruined the focus or the angle, but a single image was managed.



After recovering, the next night I returned to Gilneas and entered the city cathedral there. Without an active clergy this was much less uncomfortable. I do think the interior there is remarkable.


With one image remaining in the camera, I located a cluster of Gilnean roses, of the same variety that I now nurture in my garden. It is not a grand image when compared to the others, but the Regent commanded that I use all of the ammunition. When she delivered the album to me, she mentioned that this was her favorite of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment