Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lightwarden


The Bishop is apparently alive. I stopped by Tyr’s Hand to greet Nemeiah and offer the collected condolences of others. But she was not in the abbey. I searched the grounds and she quite nearly ran down the hill from the cathedral shouting with excitement.

I followed to see what the fuss was. The Bishop stood there on the cathedral steps, as alive as a Forsaken is able to be. Roeth was also there, and endured the Bishop’s emotional greeting with none of his own. At least, no emotion that I could detect. Nem was ignored by both until she suggested to me that we leave them be. After three days dead, I suppose I can forgive the Bishop having bad manners. Roeth, of course, never had good manners to begin with.

Lightwarden claimed that he did not raise himself, but that something else seemed to wish him to continue his work. He joked that given the poor performance of the Crusaders that tried to rescue him, he had a great deal of work yet to do.

This I observed with both relief and apprehension. Immortality always has a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment