Friday, April 13, 2012

Noblegarden

This is the yearly holiday associated with candy and rabbits. Or, as my darling informs me with sly winks, fertility. It is expected that participants will run about in a designated area collecting brightly colored eggs, and devour chocolate until it no longer appears enticing.

The Regent asked if I observed any traditions. In truth, last year was the first year that I took any notice of the event and that consisted mostly of acquiring a large supply of chocolate to bring home. I did not confess to her as I did to D.A. then that I had not tasted chocolate before. Now, I have not as much time to gather all of the candy I would like. But Maag received his rabbit to chase, and at the least a few pieces of chocolate will be hunted for my household to enjoy.

I do not know if the Regent pitied my relation of the holiday or if she was feeling particularly charitable, but she sent to me four painted eggs to hang as decorations. Appearing quite fragile, I was concerned that my clumsy transport might damage them, but they are now on display about my desk.

At the least, these eggs will not perish as the raptor egg did and I may enjoy them for a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment