Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cages

Yesterday the Regent and I met on the coast of the Hinterlands for an outing, and compared to the last this one was significantly lacking in Night Elf interruptions. The conversation was diverting for the most part, aside from one misuse.

The misuse followed after she introduced a prolonged metaphor of a bird that refused to return to its cage. And that it would receive violent punishment the longer it defied imprisonment. During the discussion I was referred to as the errant bird and the Regent the cage (with punitive force forthcoming), and this I disliked intensely.

I also managed to embarrass myself in spectacular fashion by sliding off of a steep hillside. There was a path we attempted to climb, and could not manage. So I called for my drake to lift me up above the difficult part. Then I flaunted this to the Regent far below, and on the descent the hill decided to punish me. This would be the one time I decided to not wear armor and sturdy footwear. The Regent suggested that we not walk or run back in order to not aggravate the damage. 

Mayhem carried both of us to Revantusk Village after the Regent jokingly asked his permission to ride with me. I do not think he minded the lighter burden, in contrast to transporting Kruega’s Tauren mass.

As a note, I am hopeful that it is not becoming a habit to fall from something while on these outings. I am not a graceful fighter but prefer to keep my dignity intact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment