Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fringes

Sometimes when I move about the world, I pause in a place that I believe is safe. Or, it is quiet and lacking in boisterous distractions. However, some of these places belong to a community that I do not consider myself a part of, fully, and so I must rely on invitation. And be aware of where the edge of permission lies in order to not offend the denizens.

The Tyr’s Hand abbey is one such place. Nemeiah has given leave for me to visit the library when she is not present. It is a good place for thinking. Even if it is a bit unusual for a fully armored death knight to linger there.

Another location is Piki’alo, the Tribe homeland, on the bluffs that border the settlement. There it is quite easy to be spotted by the sentinels (to not raise an alarm), and to take advantage of their protection for a brief time. However, it sometimes also leads to interruptions from curious watchers.

Westel patrolled the other day and stopped his rounds to question me. He was polite, and stated that I could remain when I asked if it would be better to depart. However, my impression was that he found it odd that I would be there. I thought it would be even more inappropriate to land in the Commons and remain, as though I were a full resident. I am not, so I stay on the fringes.

No comments:

Post a Comment