Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hounds of War

My darling and I discussed plans to find and destroy the enemy. Based on Mirtai’s information, I think it will be a simple task to locate his den, however D.A. discouraged me from running out immediately to do so. “To chase a snake into its lair is very dangerous,” I believe was the admonition. But it is difficult to keep a hound of war restrained.

The advice is sound despite my frustration with not moving more swiftly. And it is likely that D.A. will wish to be present for the battle, which worries me. I lost that argument some weeks ago and could not prevent it now.

On an unrelated subject, Urukha acquired her own hound of war. I do not mean Pip, her lifemate, but a literal demonic canine named Redfang. We were introduced the other day. I find it curious that Pip despises any individual that uses fel magic, yet she treats this fel hound like it was any other dog. It appears inconsistent, but may be out of desire to please Urukha.

No comments:

Post a Comment