Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shadow Mending

My darling has been concealing something from me. It is not the first time that this has happened, though it is now much rarer. D.A. studies shadow magic and recently turned its application toward healing without informing me of the change.

Shadow Mending is the use of dark magic in order to stop bleeding and repair injuries, as appropriate. From what I understand, it can be equally as effective as healing with the Light but is also compatible with those that are undead. Or rather, those usually harmed by contact with the Light. Sunspeaker described it some time ago and had agreed to write a monograph, but it appears that D.A. no longer has need for introductory knowledge.

This ability was first displayed after the fight with the shadow-spectre. With a hand placed upon my damaged throat, the spell my darling cast felt very cool and soothing. A bit like passing under the shade of a tree on a hot and bright day. I was quite stunned but had not the leisure to question it then.

Later I did. D.A. informed me that this had been studied and tested upon their own wounds, which I disapproved of. I entreated my beloved to allow me to supply my body should practice be necessary. As I am quite proficient in receiving damage from ordinary activities, and did not wish to see that responsibility shouldered by the one I am supposed to protect.

My darling agreed and claimed that this power could be very useful. I recognized that wisdom. This also overpowered any concern I had about it being kept secret. Some things are a bit more important than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment